I woke up bright and early this morning and walked into Sarahs room and the first thing she said to me was "did you see the numbers?" So I had a look at the calendar and couldn't believe what had happened over night. Her white blood cell count is up to 2.1 and her neutrophils are up to 1.6, this is awesome news. Because they are at this number she wont have to get growth factor needles in her stomach anymore. It is so exciting everyday to find out what the numbers will be. With her white blood cell counts rising this will also speed up the healing in her mouth, throat and belly. The pain in these areas does still bother her quite a bit, but I notice a substantial improvement everyday. Sarah was awake a lot more today and was sitting and walking more than previous days, we even started a new puzzle today! It is great to know that everyone is praying for us and I think we can daily see the power of prayer.
K
!!!!!!!! So exciting - that's awesome news!!!!!
ReplyDeleteAwesome news Kurt & Sarah....So exciting!
ReplyDeleteI was anxiously awaiting your post tonight. I refreshed the page twice! I'm so happy to hear that the numbers are going up and hope the pain subsides soon.
ReplyDeleteLove Always
Hey Sarah.... I tagged you in a few more old pictures which Jodi put on Facebook. You didn't have much hair back then either, LOL
ReplyDeleteKurt, thanks for the continuing updates. I printed off another few days' worth and sent them to Opa and Oma today.
- Corry
Aaahhhh what wonderful news!! Those numbers are going up by leaps and bounds! So good to hear. You know it's kind of rewarding for all of us praying for you to see an answer to our prayers as well as you who are being prayed for!! It strengthens everybodys faith!! What an awesome God we have! Hope you have a good night. Probably should say "had" bc it is 11:45 PM for you there and you will be reading this on Saturday. I have 2 grand kids over night. A one year old and a 4 year old. Sleeping upstairs for the first time....we'll see how OUR night goes!!
ReplyDeleteGod bless you Kurt and Sarah. Evelyn
Awesome news, keep it coming!
ReplyDeleteGV
I have 2 questions for you if you would have time to respond; Are you allowed to have visitors, unrestricted or is there a lot of control on that for fear of "bugs"? (Not that we are coming to Calgary! :~)
ReplyDeleteAnd what numbers are you shooting for? What are good numbers? Evelyn
Hey Sisters
ReplyDeleteGreat to hear that you had a visit with your wonderful sister Karen and that you were alert. It would have been nice to have pictures. Is Brenda coming tomorrow or is Elaine still in Calgary? What do the numbers mean?
How was your visit with your wonderful sister who has helped me in so many ways. Well it's about 1 oclock in the morning, You probably will be reading this Saturday
May the Lord continue to Strengthen you and Kurt, Give you Peace, Love, Mercy, Kindness and His Comfort to overflow.
I pray that your throat will feel much better soon.
Say Hi to all your sisters.
Love Monika
Woot, woot!; the numbers are up. And I'm witness to the fact that higher numbers are drawn toward you the way quality people also come your way - steadily and undeniably. You are golden! You are beautiful and the whole world knows it, creation is singing it (best autumn on record in your lifetime for this very reason!). Can you get out and bask in it's glorious splendor? Get out there and believe that that great cloud of witnesses is beaming down on you, cheering you on (including those we love but have left us far too early). All this for you, and you can thank God for it all. Amen and Hallelujah!
ReplyDeleteDear Sarah and Kurt, Rejoycing with you!!! Great news, anwsers to prayer!!!! There is STRENGTH in that!!!!
ReplyDeleteMy Mom and Dad and fam.in Holland are praying too and being kept up to date through your blog.
We have continuous prayer with those living in different parts of the World.As it is so beautifully written in the song, The day you gave us Lord, is ending. "As over continent and island, each dawn leads to another day, the voice of prayer is never silent, nor do the praises die away. A beautiful song to read all the verses from. ( 318 in Psalter Hymnal).
Your experience is intense!!!!That feeling certainly comes through as we read your everyday experiences and it certainly makes an impact and brings us to our knees!!! With much Love....
Hey all,
ReplyDeleteSorry I should have explained about the numbers a little better, but quite simply if they are going up its good.
Normal white blood cell count is 4-11 (Sarah is at 2.1)
Normal neutrophils are 2.5-7.5 (Sarah is at 1.6)
There are other blood counts that they are recording as well, but for now the most important are these two.
They allow visitors but caution us on seeing a lot of people. I think we are afraid of "bugs" more than they are, we had a scary incident earlier on with an infection so we take no chances. Because of how Sarah has felt all week she hasnt really wanted any visitors. As Sarah starts to feel better I am sure she will welcome more visitors.
@Monika Sarah had a good time with Karen, she loves her sisters. Brenda should be here soon today!
Wonderful news! I'm praying for speedy healing in your mouth and glad you are gaining more energy these days! Keep up your amazing determination, God is walking this with you:)... Leanne
ReplyDeleteWhat an amazing story about Sarah's counts coming up! We rejoice along with you and your family!! Truly an answer to so many prayers sent up to our heavenly Father on your behalf!! Praying that you will find encouragement from Heb. 13:5-6 today
ReplyDelete"God Himself has said, I will not in any way fail you, nor give you up, nor leave you without support. I will not in any degree leave you helpless, nor forsake you, nor let you down, nor relax My hold on you! Assuredly not! So we take comfort and are encouraged, and confidently and boldly say; The Lord is my Helper; I will not be seized with alarm, I will not fear or dread, or be terrified. What can man do to me?"
Blessings on your day, Sarah and Kurt, on your precious kids, and on all of your sweet sisters who visit, and on your parents and all of those you love, and may it be one of continued healing and upward numbers!!!! Praising God with all of you.
Great news about those numbers - they seem to be moving up a little quicker now - hope it continues. Sarah, are you getting excited about the KFC? Have a great visit with Brenda! Will you be able to get a pass to the apartment soon? We miss you guys and hope to get to Calgary again soon. Love you lots !!!
ReplyDeleteP.S. Kurt, I haven't seen any clues about the "Dog bowls" blog yet and I'm still baffled.
Congrats on the increase with those numbers!!! Praying that they continue to climb quickly and that your pain gets less and less! Way to keep fighting Sarah.
ReplyDeleteAndrea Vis
that is the best news!!! hoping to be able to come for a visit soon too :)
ReplyDeletealana
Awesome news!! Praying that things continue to get better and better!
ReplyDeleteGreat to hear all the news and coments, I'm happy that Brenda can spend time with Sarah.
ReplyDeleteMay God Bless you Visit, and your family.
Kurt thank you for all your notes on the blog.
May God Bless you also.
OOps the last one was from Monika
ReplyDeleteYAHOO!! Great news :)
ReplyDeleteI think you both sound like doctors after all of this education you're getting on blood, etc.
What an amazing thing our bodies are!
Have a happy Sunday and hope you're mouth feels lots better.
Michelle
Woop woop! Great to hear the news!! Very exciting, am looking forward to hearing how high the numbers are today!
ReplyDeleteHave fun puzzling again =)