I got up today before my alarm went off again because of the noisy elevators. I had to be at the hospital at eight o clock so they could start my first dose of chemo. It is called busulfan and I dont like it. They gave me a dosage that goes according to my height and weight. This went in at eight and then they have to check my blood five times to make sure that the dosage is okay. So first they checked it ten minutes after and then forty five and then an hour, and then two hours and then another two hours. This made for a long day lying in a hospital bed. When I arrived at the hospital I struggled to eat half of a pancake. For lunch I had a few spoonfuls of chicken soup but it wasn't sitting well. Shortly after that it was sitting well... ...at the bottom of the garbage can. I am not sure what brought that on but after that I felt a little better. I had a little bit of sandwich too. For supper I had a few bites of Ichiban. I hate that I am unable to eat, it is one of the worst parts of all this. I know how important it is to eat but it is so hard when I gag on everything. I think that everything with the busulfan went ok because at five thirty I was sent back to the apartment. Tomorrow I will get more busulfan and that will continue daily for the next five days or so.
I spent most of the day in the hospital bed watching Brothers and Sisters on DVD. Kurt and I also spent a lot of time looking like geeks on our Iphones. Myself playing Farmstory or Citystory and Kurt was busy playing Coin Frenzy. At one point the doctor came in, laughed at us, asking if we were texting each other. I had two naps today and I feel Kurt is bored when I am sleeping, but its nice that the apartment is close so Kurt can go back and eat or something. In the afternoon the Nurse came and changed the dressing on my CVC. She explained what she was doing because I am supposed to change it myself soon. I will attach a picture with the new dressing as you can see more closely what it looks like. I also met with a physiotherapist today and she checked my strength and stability. She gave me some exercises and a resistance band. I will get to those later! I got a work out walking back to the apartment. Time for a quiet night in the penthouse suite!
K&S
Kurts idea of interior design!
Sarah, you are amazing, strong and really really pretty.
ReplyDeleteCael misses your hugs but thinks they wouldn't be the same with that contraption on your neck (mama Jojo), so he's just chillin and hugging us three instead.
Kurt has always had a knack for home decor.
Miss you guys tons!
Good to hear from youguys. It looks like you have a cozy little penthouse. Sorry about the noisy elevators, I know it would bug me too. hope you have a good night's sleep. Love you both. See you soon- Dad.
ReplyDeletehey Sarah
ReplyDeleteLove the blog so far. Keep it up. That CVC looks bad ass and chicks dig bad ass. hey, wait a minute.
Also, did they move you out of the penthouse into the trailer park? where is the wolf blanket for the other window?
I can't tell you how I felt reading and seeing what you're going through and what you've put together already (nice window covering esp!). You are doing a great job of keeping us in the know. Your efforts on this are sooo worth it to those of us who are not there with you in body.
ReplyDeleteThis must be surreal much of the time for both of you. Much of your context changing and all. Want you to know though, that your friends and extended family have a place in their hearts and lives for you that will never change in scope - neither height nor depth nor width nor breadth - no matter how far away or how long you might be away. Why, some may even leave their comfort zone and waltz right into stuffy Cow Town to bear witness to that very fact from time to time.
Abundant blessings, courage, stamina, a rich sense of the love that lives for you, and a healthy doses of humour on you and your temporary penthouse digs. Peace, God's peace, be with you and remain with you. And may time now fly...
This blog is a wonderful idea, because it will give us all a sense of how to pray for you and your family's needs.
ReplyDeleteGod is your Healer and your Health.
His healing hands bring sweetness to the bitter waters of our lives,
anointing oil to our wounds,
comfort to our suffering,
release to our burdens,
soothing to our tears.
God heals, mends, restores,cures, and renews.
May you feel His presence all around you in the days ahead and may He bring you peace in the midst of chaos. Please know that you are loved by so many and in our prayers for strength, patience, courage, trust, hope, healing, and for God's peace to fill you to overflowing.
We are praying with Elaine too, as she gets prepared to give the gift of life to her precious sister. What a bond the two of you will have forever. Blessings on all of you at the hospital and may your time at the Penthouse be filled with new beginnings, joy, healing, and laughter. Proverbs 18:10 "The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe." (keep the song in your heart)
just keep on thinking, these meds are going to make me better. So glad you are blogging, we know what to pray for like nausea. Will pray for you Sarah
ReplyDeleteWhat's your name on City Story...I have a small problem :) I am Netville...see ya!
ReplyDeleteThank you both so much Sarah and Kurt for taking all of us on this journey with you so we can support you's and lift you up in prayer.
ReplyDeleteYou have had quite a fight on your hands Sarah, but I am confident you'll achieve a stunning victory because you are a strong and brave person. Just know that you are surrounded by caring thoughts and heartfelt wishes for your
recovery.You can do it girl! Kim, Daniel and me
are cheering for you. Also Elaine is covered in prayer by us every day.
Hope you rest tonight for your big day tomorrow.
with love Marijke, Kim, Daniel