K
Hey Everyone,
Wow, what a day! It started off with waking up to the elevators going up and down (our room is right next to them) about 1 hour before my alarm went off. I got ready, woke up Kurt and then we headed off to the hospital. I had to do blood work first, which was a gong show. After 4 pokes and two lab techs, they finally filled the 9 tubes of blood. Then it was off to admitting, and then to my new home for the next 20ish days - Unit 57. I got my room, and then they needed to start an IV for my sedation. They tried 4 times and then needed to get some nurse named Mike and he got it on one try....could we not have tried that right away!!
Then it was off to get the lovely CVC inserted. The CVC is a catheter to give meds and take blood. I attached a picture of it. I was so nervous and scared and yes, it did hurt. It still does. I came "home" instead of staying overnight in the hospital, so hopefully I will sleep well with this stupid thing in. I have to be back at the hospital at 8am, so I will go to bed on time, after Glee of course!!
Talk to you soon,
Sarah
This is the CVC, it has 3 lumens (ports)
This is the view from our apartment.

Sarah, it never fails, does it? Especially when you hate needles so much. I'm glad to hear that's over with. I know how nervous you were. Now onto the next step and then on to your recovery:)
ReplyDeleteLove You.
Auntie Marg
You are so brave Sarah :). And what a blessing your are Kurt to Sarah! Love you guys! Praying you have a good peaceful sleep :)
ReplyDeleteLove the Tchir family
Ouch!! Holy crap, that thing is scary looking! Rye said he had a chance to talk to you both tonight and that you were skyping with Cael, I think that is so cute and a great idea! You are a stronger woman than I am, I am looking forward to reading about this whole thing, since we can't be there in person to help y'all out. You guys are in our thoughts and prayers.
ReplyDeleteOh OUCH, OUCH!! And to have them mess up so many times on everything else! Makes it that much more difficult to sit through everything! Hope you have a good night in spite of it. (Thanks for letting us follow along with your progress)
ReplyDelete(((Hugs))) to you Sarah. You can do this Sarah. There are so many people praying for you,even people who don't even know you. God will hear our prayers. Linden had a good day, although he is scared of the subs in Richards theater room. BTW what does the 100 mean? 100 days?
ReplyDeleteLove, Karen
Dear Kurt and Sarah,
ReplyDeleteI just want you to know that I pray this song for you everyday, and every time I hear it I think of you and what you are going through.... It is by Chris Tomlin. praying this blessing on you tonight, as you try to rest with that thing that is bringing you pain tonight.
Water You turned into wine
Open the eyes of the blind
There’s no one like You
None like You
Into the darkness You shine
Out of the ashes we rise
There’s no one like You
None like You
CHORUS
Our God is greater, our God is stronger
God You are higher than any other
Our God is Healer, awesome in power
Our God, Our God… And if Our God is for us, then who could ever stop us
And if our God is with us, then what can stand against?
And if Our God is for us, then who could ever stop us
And if our God is with us, then what can stand against?
What can stand against?
Believing in healing over your body, and I pray that you have a good rest tonight.
Christy
Love you both and think about you often. Talk to you very soon
ReplyDeleteHey guys! Thought about you lots today, miss you already. Praying for you and cheering you on. You are both amazing and we love you. XO Nan and fam
ReplyDeletePraying for blessings on your treatments and healing Sarah! And for Kurt as he stands by you each day too, that God will give you both strength.
ReplyDeleteAllison
Wow Sarah, you are so brave...just keep going forward and know that you are not alone! Praying that you are able to get some sleep tonight despite your new "accessory"xo
ReplyDeleteWondering if I'll get through any of these posts without crying...2 for 2 so far...Stay strong! Jeanet
ReplyDelete