So here we sit, in the apartment that will be our home for the next 3 months. It's hard to believe that this is where I will be, either here or my hospital room. It was weird driving away from home, knowing I won't be back for quite awhile.
Yesterday was a tough day, saying goodbye to my little boy Linden, my family, and friends. I still tear up thinking about it. I'm not good at good-byes. This morning was just as tough, saying bye to my sweet baby Cael. It felt like the day he was born and I had to leave him so quickly. A lot of those emotions came flooding back. But 3 months will go by quickly...I really hope.
I am very nervous about tomorrow when everything starts. I get blood work at 9am and then I am admitted to the unit. Then the big chest catheter thing goes in. Fingers crossed it doesn't hurt too bad!!
SarahWell we're here. When we first found out that we would be coming near the end of the September it seemed like such a long ways away. It seemed like there would be so much time to spend with Linden and Cael. Looking back it wasn't near enough time, but either way we are here. It is time to get down to business, for Sarah to continue her fight and for her to put an end to this disease.
We tried to leave early this morning but that turned into afternoon. Trying to pack for three months is tough, soon after we arrived here we started working on a list of things we need to get/bring/pick-up still. I attached a few pictures of our apartment, "the Penthouse"
Kurt
We really want to read comments!
ReplyDeleteDear Penthouse Forum...
ReplyDeleteJust kidding. Nice view from the penthouse. Looks half decent. You guys are going to feel like a young hipster couple living in Calgary. Kind of like Rachelle and Eric.
Best of luck tomorrow. Hope all goes well! Sorry we didn't get to say a proper good by and good luck. You are in our prayers.
Love the blog and we will check in often. Great idea.
Braedan, Marianne and Fam
This is such a good idea!
ReplyDeleteI hope today wasn't too terrible and that you are settled in nicely.
I will be praying that all goes well tomorrow.
Remember that you are loved and I look forward to seeing you both soon!
Auntie Marg
I will be reading and thinking of you guys. Lots to go through, makes me think of one of my mom's many sayings...if he brings you to it...he only gives you what you can handle. Sending you many good thoughts!! Take care~Jeanet, Shane etc.
ReplyDeleteGlad you arrived safe and sound!! praying for you..!!
ReplyDeleteChristy Van Laar