Monday, November 1, 2010

Boost

 Hey everyone,

Well I woke up late this morning becuase I didn't set my alarm because I took a sleeping pill and fell asleep with the light on.  Oh well, I had a good sleep and woke up just in time to get dressed and wake up Kurt so we could head to the clinic.  When we got there they took my blood and gave me some fluids.  We talked to the nurse and doctor.  Dr. Shafey informed me that I was where I am supposed to be and I am doing "average."   That's good enough for me as long as I am not doing worse than others at this point.  It can only get better right?  They gave me a second bag of fluid and then we were allowed to leave at about 1:00.  I have to go back on Thursday to get more fluids and have some blood drawn again.  So I will be going to the clinic twice a week for awhile.  I am still not eating well, everything tastes like cardboard and so tasteless, however the boosts are going down.  They said it could still be a couple of weeks till my tastebuds come back which is so crappy!  I am also feeling pretty homesick, I miss my house, my kids, my family, and my friends.  I have moments of the days where I feel sad, but I get out of it pretty quick and remind myself that this is temporary and something that I need to do.

Well not much else to write about.  We will write again on Thursday after the appoinment.  I love you all and miss you like crazy.  Thanks for writing the comments they keep me going and it makes me feel good to know there are so many people tooting and praying for me.  Thanks again and keep it up.

Lots of Love,
Sarah

20 comments:

  1. I miss you Sarah! Can't wait to see you again. I know it's soo hard to be away, but you've also come soo far.
    I love you little sister xoxo
    love Bren

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so good to hear Sarah. Just keep plugging along and before long you will be home with your kids and family. We are praying this keeps going and you get better every day.

    The Royers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sarah keep plugging away, God is with you every min.. of the day, I'm sorry that I can't see you. However Brenda, Karen, and Elaine is there for me. Remember we (I) Love you and pray for you everyday.
    Many Blessing's
    Love, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  4. we miss you too sarah!!!
    kim s

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some of your blogs bring tears to my eyes! Still praying for you all the time Sarah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How hard it must be to be so isolated just when you need your family and friends the most. But there is One who loves you with a perfect love and we continue to pray that you feel His tender arms around you every moment of every day as He fills you with healing. Take care girl......Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sarah,
    we can't even imagine how hard it is to be away from home but you have made such amazing progress and will be home for good in no time!!

    In the meantime, let us know if there is anything from here that we can send down to combat the homesickness - I doubt Canada post will let us put Cael in the mail but anything else... :)

    stay strong!!

    Lots of love,
    Colin and Kelsey

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Girly! We miss you too. Calvin had a surprise ugly sweater birthday party for Christy on Saturday. We all had a great time and looked ridiculous but you and Kurt were missed. I think we should have an ugly sweater welcome home Sarah party when you get back!
    Keep trying to eat and stay strong. You are so brave. Think of how far you have come. We love you.
    Miriam

    ReplyDelete
  9. I see the pictures of you both holding your kids, and my heart aches for you. Praise God you have come this far! What a wonderful testimony you both are of God's grace and healing. It's a privilege to hold you in prayer! Werkman's

    ReplyDelete
  10. hey guys
    love all the pictures of linden and cael. very happy that you got to spend a bunch of time with them. congrats on your discharge and "part time" lifestyle. hope all continues to be good and your eating gets better sarah.

    miss you guys

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mum and dad RietveldNovember 2, 2010 at 8:43 AM

    Good morning! It's so good to hear that things are going in the right direction. Great pictures the other day. Good to see the boys together. Don't get too discouraged about the eating, just see each new day as a chance to heal more. You're doing great! Our Great God will provide for those who call on Him. Have a wonderful day.We'll keep rooting and praying for you all.--------54.5

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm out of town for a few days and was catching up on the last few posts and am so happy to read all the good news! Way to go Sarah!!!! it must feel great to be able to be back at the apartment and you look so good and like you are feeling so much better in the pics of u and cael. Keep it up Sarah and the eating thing will come and get better soon. Look how far you've already come! Praying for u daily, miss you too!

    Love,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you were able to get a good rest yesterday. I keep hoping our good weather holds out for a little while longer so you can still enjoy the outside too. Uh, make that 'outdoors'. Hmm, I was wondering why that looked so weird.

    Praying for those taste buds ... it'll be nice to hear when things get yummy for you again!

    Hope you have a super spectacular day today!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Having no taste buds suck, happened to me at the dentist once, with that crap you have to swish. Your little boy Linden is super cute, we made fish for Richard and Karen and the kids one night. Love your blog and pray for you daily.
    Cristy Labrecque

    ReplyDelete
  15. What awesome pictures of your family!! Wonderful that you could visit with those sweet boys! I am praying that God will supernaturally fill your little boy's hearts with the love of their parents and that they will know you, no matter how long you are apart. God bless your night and your day tomorrow. Go ahead and quit .. for just about the length of a good restorative nap or a good night's sleep. Then trust God to get you up in the morning and give you the strength to continue the fight. You can do it .. with His help each new day.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Sarah & Kurt
    I Agree with Amy and Karen, I like there words
    it's makes me laugh,
    I pray it dose the same for you!!!
    May the Lord bring you back to your family and friends soon, and also Bless Kurt
    Love, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  17. Keep up the positive spirit Sarah! You are such and inspiration.
    Love, Sheri.

    ReplyDelete
  18. so great to hear "your voice" sarah. i'm so glad the boosts are going down. we also miss you over here like crazy. keep plugging away sweetie! you're doing amazing. love you and cant wait to see you saturday :)
    alana

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Sarah & Kurt,
    It has been way too long for my first message here. I read all your blogs so far today. The only thing I can say after reading those blogs is that I'm amazed by the positive spirit you both have. Keep that spirit up!
    Being away from home for so long in your situation must be incredible hard. Luckily you have Kurt to get you through this!
    I wish you 2 all the best!

    Jelle Vriend
    Holland

    ReplyDelete